We are saltwater people
Gudjuda Reference Group Aboriginal Corporation was established in 1999 to support six Traditional Owner groups Bindal, Juru, Ngaro and Gia, Birri & Jannga with cultural heritage and native title.
Over time the three Traditional Owner groups Birri, Jannga & Juru established and founded their own organizations through their Native Title prescribed body corporates (PBC).
Gudjuda became a not-for-profit Indigenous social enterprise with a focus on employment and training. Gudjuda also supports Traditional Owner groups in the Burdekin NRM region in land and sea country management.
Gudjuda has a training centre and two offices based at the Home Hill showgrounds.
Gudjuda delivers various Indigenous employment and land and sea management projects. These include:
- Gudjuda Land and Sea Rangers Program
- Gudjuda Café and Cultural Centre
- Juru Walk and Bush tucker experience
- Gudjuda Market garden and nursery
- Gudjuda Work for the Dole Program
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program